UBE Explosives Licences
Formerly known as red, blue, or black ticket.
Courses that are offered by Terrock:
- Starter Course (Safe Handling and Safe Use of Explosives - SHSU)
- UBE Renewal Course
- Practical and Oral assessment of Shotfirers, Underground, Quarry & Surface mining
Starter Course Description
Safe Handling and Safe Use of Explosives is an accredited course which will instruct participants in the characteristics of explosives and the safe and efficient methods of handling, using and transporting explosives.
This course has been designed for persons who wish to apply for Licences to Use Explosives issued under the authority of the Dangerous Goods Act and the relevant mine and quarry legislations. It is an Approved Course under the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2011, and the mines and quarry regulations.
The course is organised and conducted by experienced blasting engineers, specialising in blast design, analysis and the environmental effects of blasting.
Theoretical sessions include instruction in:
- Applicable blasting and explosives regulations
- Commercial explosives and accessories
- Storage and transport of explosives
- Deterioration and disposal of explosives
- Charging and firing explosives
- Handling misfires
Practical sessions will cover necessary safety procedures, and blasthole priming & loading. During these sessions the safe disposal of detonators and other explosives is demonstrated.
Contact us before proceeding with your application.
Safe Handling and Safe Use of Explosives
|| $2,250 (GST Exempt) per person
||Starter Course (PDF)
|UBE Renewal Course
For eligibility contact the course coordinator
||UBE Renewal Course (PDF)
|Practical and Oral assessment of Shotfirers, Underground, Quarry & Surface mining
||Practical and Oral Assessment (PDF)
- The next course is scheduled to run from 5th to 8th March 2019
- All courses can be run by arrangement, please contact our Coordinator if this service is needed
- Course Dates can vary depending on demand
How to apply
Send your application by (Recommended) or Mail
We will contact you when we have received your application to arrange for payment. Contact us if you have sent your application and have not received a response
- Please contact us before proceeding with your application
- Complete the required application form available from download from the table above
- Applications must include:
- A copy/scan of your Current driver's licence
- A copy/scan of your Australian Medicare Card
- Your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Create a USI through the Australian Government USI website
- Travelling, accommodation and explosive licence fees are additional costs that must be met by the applicant
- To comply with the Dangerous Goods Explosive Regulations, participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants will be required to undergo an ASIO security clearance prior to the granting of any explosives licence
- Participants should wear protective clothing for the field exercises that meet the requirements of Victorian quarry legislation.
- WorkSafe Victoria
- For applicants from other states, please contact us for further information.